How do different age groups interact across the social web?
Online community moderation company Community 102 recently published an interesting infographic which looked at how different age groups interact online across the social web.
Key takeaways include:
- When it comes to age distribution across the social web, the most active age range is 35-44 year olds (25%) in comparison to just 9% of 18-24 year olds.
- The highest majority of Facebook users are aged between 18-25 (29%) while on Twitter the highest majority of users are 26-34 year olds (30%).
- The average LinkedIn user is 44 years old.
- The average Twitter user is 39 years old.
- The average Facebook user is 38 years old.
- 26% of Millenials (people born between 1978 and 1994, so aged 16-32, and the first generation to be “raised” on the internet) access social networks at least once a day. Millenials also spend an average of 23 minutes online every day.
For social media agency support get in touch or follow us on Twitter.