Using Twitter as an engagement tool
This has been yet another week where Twitter has featured high in many discussions – in part thanks to the triple impact of Susan Boyle‘s performance on Britain’s got Talent, the Pirate Bay decision and of course Ashton Kutcher‘s one millionth follower. At FreshNetworks we think that Twitter is a great example of how people are innovating with social media – each of these different topics is being made popular by different people using Twitter for different reasons – sharing good content, keeping up-to-date or just following celebrities.
One of the main benefits that organisations can get from Twitter is to use it as an engagement tool – as part of a hub-and-spoke approach to social media and online communities. Use it to engage people and then provide them with a destination to go to or a thing to do. Today, I was presenting on this topic and how to get value from Twitter as an engagement tool and you can find the slides below.
Some more reading
- 20 Ways to Engage Contacts in Social Media (kylelacy.com)
- Talent show singer is online hit (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Celebrities Too Lazy to Type 140 Characters (jossip.com)
- Ashton Kutcher challenges CNN to Twitter popularity contest (cnn.com)
- Will Celeb Twittering Reveal Them as Twits? (marketingpilgrim.com)
For social media agency support get in touch or follow us on Twitter.